Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) has been updated and is effective from 24 February 2020. This individual document must be considered in conjunction with all other INCD policy documents.
By registering as an INCD user you declare that you have read, understood and will abide by the following conditions of use:
- You shall only use the resources/services to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals, policies and conditions of use as defined by the body or bodies granting you access.
- You shall provide appropriate acknowledgment of support or citation for your use of the resources/services provided as required by INCD and any other body or bodies granting you access.
- You shall not use the resources/services for any purpose that is unlawful and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. private keys or passwords).
- You shall keep all your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the resources/services or access credentials to the specified incident reporting locations and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
- You use the resources/services at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the resources/services will be available at any time or that their integrity or confidentiality will be preserved or that they will suit any purpose.
- You agree that logged information, including personal data provided by you for registration purposes, may be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes. You agree that this logged information may be disclosed to other authorized participants via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to provide the services.
- You agree that INCD and any other body or bodies granting you access and resource/service providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access without prior notice and without compensation, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of your violation of any of these conditions of use, which may include but are not limited to the reporting of your violation to your home institute and, if the activities are thought to be illegal, to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- You are responsible for the protection of your data, including protecting the files and directories with adequate protection masks and ACLs, and performing any required backup operations you may deem necessary. Unless otherwise stated all storage provided by INCD is temporary.