Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions regarding INCD Users Portal usability.
- Who can apply to use the INCD infrastructure?
- Can researchers from foreign organizations apply to use the INCD infrastructure?
- How to apply to use the INCD infrastructure?
- How much time will it take to get an answer and gain access?
- How to contact us?
- Filling the request/registration form
- Do I need to specify a research project?
- The project is approved for funding but has not yet started
- Can organizations apply for institutional access?
- I have more than one project do I need to make multiple registrations?
- I have a new project do I need a new request?
- I have a new funding do I need a new request?
- Regarding organizations
Who can apply to use the INCD infrastructure?
INCD is open to researchers from Portuguese scientific and academic organizations in all areas of knowledge.
Can researchers from foreign organizations apply to use the INCD infrastructure?
- Researchers from foreign organizations can be eligible to use INCD when they cooperate with Portuguese researchers in common projects, initiatives and infrastructures.
- The initial application form must be submitted by a researcher from a Portuguese academic or research organization, and when approved further users can be added either national or international.
How to apply to use the INCD infrastructure?
Please fill the “New request” form available at: https://portal.incd.pt
How much time will it take to get an answer and gain access?
- Depends on the size and specificities of the request.
- If your project is approved and resources are available the process will take less than one week.
- Projects requiring fewer compute and storage resources are generally easier and faster to accommodate.
How to contact us?
You can contact us via e-mail to the INCD Computing Services helpdesk address in: INCD
Filling the request/registration form
Do I need to specify a research project?
- Large requests should be backed by approved peer-reviewed research projects either national or European.
- Requests without a peer reviewed project will have lower priority, please fill the access request form with the maximum detail to facilitate the evaluation.
The project is approved for funding but has not yet started
These requests will be treated in the same manner as an ongoing project.
Can organizations apply for institutional access?
- Yes, but only for research or academic activities performed by research units or academic organizations.
- Institutional requests are treated in the same manner as the other requests. Please indicate in the access request form that the request is institutional and if you have funded projects also mention them.
I have more than one project do I need to make multiple registrations?
- Yes, if you have independent projects with different fundings, you will have to register one request for each new project.
- No, if in the scope of the same project you have multiple fundings, in this case fill one single request and specify all fundings in the "Add new funding".
I have a new project do I need a new request?
Yes, if you have a new project you will need to add a new request, since all projects need to apply separately.
I have a new funding do I need a new request?
- No, if that funding is to support an active project at INCD. New fundings can be added existing projects, allowing them to ask for more resources or time extensions.
- Yes, if you don’t have have an active project or if this funding corresponds to a different activity.
* What type of organizations can apply? * Can private companies apply to use the INCD infrastructure? * Research Infrastructures
What type of organizations can apply?
All non-profit R&D organizations recognized by the Portuguese government including: higher education institutions, state laboratories, collaborative laboratories (CoLABs), research infrastructures in the FCT roadmap, research laboratories and non profit organizations that develop or participate in R&D activities.
Can private companies apply to use the INCD infrastructure?
- Private companies with publicly funded research projects can apply to use INCD.
- The usage is limited to the R&D activities of those projects.
- Private companies will have lower priority than academic or research organizations.
Infrastructures in the FCT roadmap of research infrastructures can apply to use the INCD infrastructure.